Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Between Spectrums

Traits Aren't Forever


Have you ever wondered how you can tell if someone is autistic? From what people can understand, there are certain traits that someone with autism or aspergers. There are many traits, from hand flapping to running back and forth. But there are some traits that people didn't even know it's a trait. You're probably wondering, what are the some of the other traits? Here is a video of Daniel Jones, a musician from North Wales with aspergers, as he goes over ten of his traits.




In some of these traits I can relate to him and I had some traits in the past. But as I grew older I got over them and I continue to work on the traits that hold me back. Why? Cause I believe even though we have traits, it doesn't mean that we're stuck and can never change. All people can change if they choose to do so. We always work to be the best that we can be. Having traits isn't bad but if there are some that you feel can change as you work on them, then go for it. For example I don't drive cause of the fear of hurting someone and not trusting other drivers to be safe, but I'm working towards getting a license and trusting myself and others behind the wheel. So I can go to places and not always relay on others to give me a ride. I also didn't like sarcasm at first but I got a better understanding of it and can tell when someones joking. I even use it from time to time. Finally, I didn't like certain foods growing up. But during and after my mission I started to try other things and be more heathy. 

I want to change myself as I change my traits. Some easily change but other take a while and sometimes if you stopped working on a trait it comes back. Some you don't have to change if you are comfortable with them. So if you want to work on your traits and see if you can change them, I would suggest going over at least ten of them and see what traits you feel you can work on and go for it. But if you are fine with them that's okay too. Whatever you choose, may it bring you the happiness you're comfortable with.

Thank you for you time
Tay Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment