Friday, October 30, 2015

Between Spectrums

Stop Resisting


Yesterday my mother sent me a video about a couple of guys with Aspergers. Danny Raede was diagnosed when he was twelve. Hayden Mears on the hand, was diagnosed when he was five but wasn't told till he twelve. Each wanted a better life than the ones they were living. So with much perseverance, they each made their lives better and together they developed Aspergers Experts. It's a website that helps those with Aspergers with strategies, and mechanisms that can help them deal with their struggles. They write blogs, develop workshops, and make videos, just about anything they can do to help. From personal experience, they know how to inspire and help a lot of people like them. 

So getting back to the video. Here's Raede and Mears talking about they need to not resist your emotional sensations.


I can relate to that. When I was told that I was labeled autistic, I didn't want to let it to be true cause I was born normal. Even when I was filling out my mission papers I put that nothing was wrong with my mental capacity. But after reviewing them before I submit them, my Dad basically put down that I have some form of autism. I didn't want that cause I wanted to serve an actual mission instead of a service mission. But after talking to my parents and letting it process, I just let it out and cried. Sounds petty right? It can be depending on how you look at it. But for me it was realizing that I'm different and I resisted it for a while cause I wanted to be like everyone else. But after that experience, I now know that I have some autistic and some Asperger traits and knowing these traits allowed me to study more about autism. Not only to help myself overcome them but help others as much as I can. So my advice, like what Raede and Mears said, don't resist just let the appropriate feelings flow and see what you can learn from them.

Thank you for your time
Tay Gallagher

For more info and see other videos go to aspergerexperts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment