Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Between Spectrums

Living Instead of Watching


"Quasi take it from an old spectator. Life's not a spectators sport. If watching is all you're gonna do, then you're gonna watch your life go by without you."
Laverne
(Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

It's true. If you just sit around and let the important things in life past you by, you just wasted the time you been given. Those with autism and autistic traits sometimes lack the motivation to do things they would love to do. Like getting a job, learning how to drive to go to the places they would like to go to, or going on dates that can lead to "the one". Some may just be lazy but others do want these things but just don't know where to start. We can help them out and show them how to do some of the things they find difficult. The rest is up to them with an occasional reminder. 

I defiantly appreciate those who help me as I work as a field staff and transporter for WinGate Wilderness Therapy as I continue to help the kids and young adults that go through the program as they deal their struggles. And also giving me a job that I'm good at and enjoy doing. I also appreciate the friends I made and my family who help me continue trying to be a good person and a better writer. 

Autism may cause some limitations but it shouldn't limit you to have good clean fun with you friends and family. As well as finding a job that they can enjoy and love. The time that we have is precious so spend it wisely and with fun.

Thank you for your time
Tay Gallagher  

No comments:

Post a Comment