Thursday, October 22, 2015

Between Spectrums

Becoming Limitless


Normally I would tell you a story about a person or people with autism or did something to help those who are autistic. But let me tell you something that is pretty remarkable.

So as I woke up this morning I look at Facebook and I noticed that a friend of mine posted a video. In the video we see that it looks like a "So You Think You Can Dance" competition at another country.   Just when you think it was just gonna be a couple who can dance well and get applause, the guy comes out with the girl and we see that the guy has only one leg and has to go around with crutches. Now that may had surprise the judges and the audience and perhaps wondered if that was going to work. But when the crutches were taken away and the music played, the coupled danced with no problems. The guy, though one legged, performed with skill. They're performing was impressive and so inspiring that the judges and audiences gave them a standing ovation.

Just like how the guy dancer didn't let his limitation stop him from achieving his goals and dreams. Those with autism should not let they're limitations stop them from achieving what they hope to accomplish. Like what I said before we can become limitless. I personally plan to become limitless. I have always been asking people for rides to place. But now I'm taking practice tests to get a drivers license. I also want to be become a writer but I must work on the things I've been working on, like my books and script. What gives me the motivation to get a license and become a writer? Simple I'm wanting to become limitless. Autism can be tough but as you continue to follow your goals you become limitless. People with autism continue to be limitless because the choose to be so. May I encourage you to become limitless. Whatever you think you struggle with, work on it and you will see how much you improve. The possibilities are endless as you rise above your limitations and become limitless. 

Thank you for your time
Tay Gallagher

2 comments:

  1. TAY, YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD EXAMPLE OF THIS, AND ARE STILL WORKING ON IT. THANK YOU FOR THIS. EVEN AT MY AGE, I CAN WORK ON IT. LOVE YOU! GRANDPA AND IRENE

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't "become limitless". We work around our limitations, stubbornly plow through them, or, in some cases, use them to our advantage. The guy with one leg probably learned a set of techniques and tricks that worked for him the way any other dancer would.It is like the use of trill fingerings as a flutist. No flutist I know trills from Db to Eb using the original fingerings. Instead, they move the first pinky key to produce the trill. That is working around a limitation, not removing it. However, some things some people and things simply cannot do. A flute without a low B foot joint cannot play that note. A vocalist may not be able to have a four octave vocal range because their physiology does not permit it. Saying that someone can "become limitless" is misleading. It encourages in the short term, but, in the long term, someone who buys into this message will ultimately be discouraged and frustrated when finally confronted with their limitations. I would, instead, say "Realize your limits and find ways around them." Ultimately, every successful person realizes their limits and finds ways around them rather than disregarding them.

    ReplyDelete